Monday, February 18, 2013

D-Day is coming!

Babies first drink.

Getting ready for D-day (delivery day)!  Per my calculations, our first babies should be here by the weekend.  Apparently Brownie didn’t want sloppy seconds and let herself over to the Kenny’s side a month early.  I totally expected Kenny to tell her to get back on her own side and that she needed to wait another month - LOL - wait, who am I kidding - He’s a male!  He wasn’t going to turn some action down!  What male does??

She could have picked a better day to “get some” though as I was on my way out the door to photograph my cousin’s wedding when I caught her “in the act.”  Normally, I would have put her back on her own side and hope that nothing happened but I let her be because there was no way I was going to try and get two horny goats away from each other and not get that nasty buck smell on myself.  That smell is terrible to get off and definitely didn’t need to smell like that at a wedding!!

One of my 2011 Easter
photo shoots.
New babies
This means I will have goat babies for Easter photographs this year too!!  I usually do a weekend of Easter photo shoots with a live bunny and baby goats (if they’ve been born) and all the kids LOVE it.  Last year was disappointing though as babies were scheduled to arrive the weekend after the photo shoots.  But not too disappointing......I had 10 shoots scheduled for the day and just was getting started on shoot #2, my youngest came running in telling me that she just watched Whitie have a baby!  WHAT??!!??  Are you kidding me?!?!!  We finished up the shoot and I borrowed the kids some poop boots and out to the barn we went where there was a brand new little girl.  The kids thought that was so neat to see a new baby.  I continued my day with photo shoots and Brownie decided that she was going to give birth too.  Why not???  I mean it’s not like I didn’t have time to keep running out to the barn in between shoots to make sure there are no issues!

This week is a busy week for me and I am sure it will happen at the most un-opportune time but hey, I plan for that as that is just how it goes around here.  :)   Until then...stand by for the birth announcement...


No comments:

Post a Comment